 Technic / Bionicle / 90
Re: LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.technic.slizer
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 02:50:48 GMT

No matter what Lego says, the distribution of discs in the Throwbot/Slizer
sets was not Random.  The pictures of the sets that were on the on-lin catalog
showed exactly the discs that came with the sets.  The extra disc boxes aren't
quite random either, as you are guaranteed to get one disc of each pip value (2
through 6) and only if you're lucky, a 7 pip disc in addition to or instead of
the 6 pip disc.  The major problem with this is everybody already has all eight
2 nad 3 pip discs from the sets, but you end up getting more of them just to
get the higher pip discs.  What a crock.

Maybe the mask bag are in a certain prodution order, a certain number now, a
couple weeks later some different masks, a so on and so forth. Only a couple
different masks are availible now, both in the cans and the separate bags.
Probably done so they can stretch the product line over 2 years or how ever
long. I bought 10 of each Throwbot/Slizers from a variety of sources: Lego
S@H, K-mart(online and Off), KBkids(online and Off), Etoys, Target (Online)
and All I ever got for the original 8 were 2 pip and 3 pip discs.(NONE
OTHERS) I didn't do this a one time either, I spent 18 months from start to
finish, and I am still going (Need 3 more Flares- why is he hard to find) So
either all my sets even over a period of time all came from a first
prodution run, or I am exteremly unlucky. Maybe with the releases of each
new "Web Event" they will change prodution lines or runs.