 Technic / Bionicle / 131
Re: LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 22:33:31 GMT

You what!!!!" McDonalds PROMO Mask

You better check that again Lego, that is not on.....

Hey Michael, calm down a little. Nothing has happened so far!

Unless we will be able to get them from every McDonalds in all European
Countries, not just the US

Probably, TLC will be clever enough to release the masks all over the world.
However, the rumors I heard were about a US McDonalds promotion which does
not mean Europe excluded.

On the other hand, I wouldn't even be surprised if there were US *and* EU
exclusive things such as in 1999 when there were McD promotions in the EU as
well as in the US but along with different sets (8 each).

Accoring to the latest Rumors there will even be "48 US only

Everyone, please read this line carefully again: According to *RUMORS* ! I
never said this will certainly happen and I doubt that anyone at TLC already
knows all the details about tha promotion. Heck, we do not even know if
there will such a promotion.

Rumors are usually based on facts but may turn out to be false. There were
rumors about pirates coming back for years. The fact that this rumor is
based on is that someone working inside TLC has inofficially confirmed that
there will be another McDonalds LEGO promotion in the US for september 2001
and from the discussion I have heard, it will be Bionicle related as well.
Some of the plans did include exclusive masks, but nobody can yet say if
these plans will ever be realised. I just wanted to give Tomas an indication
of how different it will be to get a total overview about all the masks that
are in the works. Even if you work inside LD it might still be difficult to
find out all that.

On the promotional LEGO Bionicle CD-Roms they tell you about golden masks
that will be exclusively at shop.lego.com , at FBTB we have seen new larger
sets containing ltblue and pruple masks and even on the current bags
themselves it shows you a totally new secret shape that has most probably
not even been produced yet. Along with all these exclusive limited editions
it will be hard for LD to answer all these questions at once. That's stuff
about upcoming products and I doubt any person inside TLC really has the
complete overview. However, LD should be able to find out why there are
currently only 48 masks in the bags although 72 were announced in the
catalogs etc.

I doubt that LD will be able to say anything about the rumors by now and
that's not what I was asking for. But in order to find out the current
problems they might want to check that (at least internal) as well before
everything runs totally out of command.

Bye, Christian --- xTIAN.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de