 Technic / 9495
Re: new jack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:25:35 GMT

"Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:HB9vr0.64x@lugnet.com...

To clarify the notion of simultaneous movement I mentioned, I saw an example
this morning where the two boom sections similar to that designed by Pixel
was driven by a single hydraulic cylinder, and linkages kept the two parts
at equal angles to the horizontal. The two independent movements is probably
smarter looking though.

these two different designs have different functionality
when two parts of boom are driven indepandantly
the man in the basket can be send out of the circle of turntable
that is why on one of my movie the basket escapes out of screen
so the machine dosn't have to be exactly under the let's say bridge
it can be a liitle bit nearof course in mximal upper range the basket is
exactly above the fulcrum (i suppose because of stability)

in the application wher both parts of boom are dependent to one piston
the operator in the basket is (more or less)
always above the same point on the ground

pixel