 Technic / 9487
Re: new jack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:35:58 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark writes:

I liked the way
you could operate the two parts of the boom independently though, for some
reason I always have a mental association of the two parts moving
simultaneously.
Hi Everyone,
AS an opperator of some of these types of lifts I thought I'de share. In my
experiance some of them will let you control more than one- boom riser, boom
up, b. extender, turet, tilt, etc at once.  The few I've been on only up to 3
at once.  Others will not.  they will let you run only one application at a
time except for a certain "up and turet" at the same time.  I have not been on
any boom lift that will rotate beyond 360 degrees.  When it goes all the way
around and gets to where it started it will stop and will only rotate back
again.  The basket swings side to side, too.  Some do this manualy with a
crank.  Others do it with hydrolics.  Steering is hydrolic and there is no fine
control over this.  Driving in a striaght line (especialy a narrow one) is
tough.  I am by no means an expert.  This stuff you probably know already.  I
just thought I would share it with anyone interested just in case.  BTW the
opperators manual is an integral part of each machine and is not to be removed.
  :-))
Regards,
     Paul