 Technic / 9338
9337  |  9339
Subject:
how many creators
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:12:13 GMT

hi
i should ask lego directly but they probably have more important work to do
:)

i'm curious
- how many creators build models for lego (especially technic)?

some models are really great while some are... pure
- is it only because of age of target group? (i suppose not)
- what pressure marketing staff puts on the "shape" of creations
- why they add violet or light green parts to technic stuff
(maybe it's targeting to girls :)

- is it really so expensive to produce bricks so they are so... expensive?

when i see shelfs full of bionicle only
i cannot imagine how lego is going to increase the sale
even xmas gives me nothing (in shops... in poland) why why why???
on lego.com i read info that lego fired 160 ppl because of pure xmas sale
if lego is too expensive maybe putting prices down on xmas would help
(let say that RIS20 costs as same as hipermarket worker earns)

in poland we have one company which creates 100% compatible bricks
they even won in court copyright trial against lego (in fact lego against
COBI)
i remember when lego advertise itself on TV
now i can see only COBI bricks in TV and cinema comercials :(
cobi sets are for less than half price comparing to simmilar lego sets
is lego going to leave polish market
is it happening worldwide???

i know you guys don't know too much about polish market
but is it happening everywhere
tell me what is really going on

pixel

oops i made offtipic post - sorry