 Technic / 9382
Re: how many creators
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:46:09 GMT

"Paul Krieg" <pdkrieg@epix.net> wrote in message
news:HAKEIK.MM2@lugnet.com...
I have been disappointed in LEGO lately.  It seems they are giving in to • low
mentality, cut to the chase, parts and sets.  I remember when there was a • lot
of technic on the store shelves.  Now it is Bionicle and Mega blocks. :-(
I wonder why they can't cater to the many folks out there who seem to like
building super realistic models.  Functioning models would teach so much • more
and are more relevant.  I think they used to even if those models seem • simple
by todays standards.  I like to be amazed at how things work.  It's no fun • if
nothing does.  Even town, space, and under water themes, etc. Have lost • there
innocents and true to life touch.  I remember reading an article in a
nauticle industry trade magazine in which the writer was so impressed to • see
the LEGO people visiting and asking questions at a trade show of sorts. • LEGO
wanted to get it right.  That is real value in a toy.  I wish I had that
article now.  I could go on. To answere your question - yes.  I feel it is • the
same here (PA,USA) too.   :-(

you know guys
in "fadding glory..." or so
someone said
even if we would have a million votes lego will do what marketing branch
will say
so maybe we should ask children (some of us have them)
what is really drilling bionicle or sofisticated excavator with eleven
pistons
i suppose the answer is...
we are endangered spicies
cause almost all children play