 Technic / 9011
Re: My neverending truck-project...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:40:10 GMT

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message
news:H9ExBo.EF8@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.technic, Øyvind Steinnes writes:
I'm a bit stuck now in this project. I now thinking of going back to • start
and try again with a more simply construction. Here can you see how far I
have got until now:
What about using the space in the cab?
The plan was to put the RCX and the pnaumatic controls and pump in there. So
then there will be not much space left. And since the Car is so huge I have
to put one motor on each car axel to be abel to drive it forward at a
aceptable speed.

This is where my building problem is, I get tired of the model, loose my
inspiration etc.. I hope this will change when I grow up, at least I tell
myself so :)
Grow up? Do you or anyone else handling LEGO ever grow up?  :-)
The only thing I have noticed by growing up with LEGO is that I now chooses
bigger and more complicated constructions and I also have collected a lots
of parts...

<snip intresting readings>
To stop rambling and get back to the topic, my advise is to let things • cool
down, do something else for a while, or if the inspiration is still there, • try
to rework certain parts of the model while leaving what you got assembled • (if
you have the parts to do so).
Well, the project has rested a few times now. And I realy want to go forward
all the time, but now I have realized that I maybe have to go back a few
steps and rebuild at least the chassis a few times. And now have in mind
that I have to make room for some motors and other gadgets...

I've been a little lazy and not wanting to remake everything, but it seems • I'm
always glad I did in the end.
Thats not lazyness, it is that you are so prod of at last have getting the
thing to work and it looks nice too and are rigid and all things, so you do
not WANT to take it apart just because it does not fit in the rest of the
model...

One thing to remember is that some things are impossible to achieve using • LEGO
as a medium so be prepared to make sacrifices, the pneumatics have a short
stroke, the motors are bulky and weak etc. etc..
"Nothing is imposible! The imposible only takes more time...."
Thats my motto :)

My god, is this maturing?
Thanks for letting me ramble like this, I personally have learnt a lot • from
writing this, I hope it will also help you!
No problem, it was intresting reading and it helped me realize that if I
first dont succeed, I do not want to go parachuting  :)

Actually, I think I let the project rest some time now. I think I even would
tear it apart,because the major sub-parts in the construction so far I've
made LDraw files for. So there will be no problem rebuild each part. But I'm
not happy with the chassis so I will not make an LDraw file for that part.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix