 Technic / 8165
Re: Making 7u axles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 13:40:13 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:
In lugnet.technic, William Howard writes:
Well, I'm finally going to bite the bullet and [dons flame proof suit] *cut*
some of my axles to make 7u lengths.

Congratulations! Welcome to the wonderful world of brick modification ;-)

i am now the proud owner or two 7u axles - and my BobCat looks much better
for them

What I like to do is assemble 7 Technic bricks side by side and then one
solid brick on the end. Connect plates to the top and bottom. Now slide your
axle through the bricks until it hits the solid brick. Whatever is left
sticking out needs to be chopped.

Worked well.  I made a slight modification by swapping two of the 1x2 with
hole bricks for 1x2 with axlehole bricks.  That way the axle doesn't turn as
pressure is applied from the knife.

Once again many thanks

William