 Technic / 8116
8115  |  8117
Subject:
Making 7u axles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 06:15:39 GMT

Well, I'm finally going to bite the bullet and [dons flame proof suit] *cut*
some of my axles to make 7u lengths.

Has anybody who's actually done this before got any tips?
What kind of cutting tool?  Craft knife? Stanley knife? Xato razor saw?
What to use to polish the ends?  Nail file?  Fine grade emery paper?
What to start from? 8u and ditch the waste? 10u (or 12u) and aim for 7u +
3u(5u) lengths?

Any tips gratefully received

thanks

William