 Technic / 8159
Re: Making 7u axles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 07:36:00 GMT

Speaking of the axles does anyone have any idea if LEGO make them with an
extrusion mold or if they actually injection-mold each axle out of
individual injection molds?

If there's one part that's practically designed for extrusion molding
techniques then all axles longer than 2L would almost certainly fit the
bill!

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

"William Howard" <william@howard-family.fsworld.co.uk> wrote in message
Well, I'm finally going to bite the bullet and [dons flame proof suit] • *cut*
some of my axles to make 7u lengths.

Has anybody who's actually done this before got any tips?
What kind of cutting tool?  Craft knife? Stanley knife? Xato razor saw?
What to use to polish the ends?  Nail file?  Fine grade emery paper?
What to start from? 8u and ditch the waste? 10u (or 12u) and aim for 7u +
3u(5u) lengths?

Any tips gratefully received

thanks

William