 Technic / 8115
8114  |  8116
Subject:
Chassis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 05:51:09 GMT

Does anyone have any photos of Technic vehicles with solid axles front and
rear? I have been working on one for the last couple of weeks and was after
some more inspiration. I am using the newer construction style like the F1
racer, OffRoader, etc.

So far I have the following functions.

Solid front axle with 4 bar suspension and panhard rod. Axle mounted rack
and pinion steering. Front wheels have over 3 Lego units travel and 40
degrees of lock.

Solid rear axle (differential) with 4 bar, Watt's linkage and anti-roll bar.
Rear wheels have over 4 units travel.

Neither axle uses any "special" parts.

V8 engine with supercharger, chain driven overhead camshafts, belt driven
supercharger including gear drive for second shaft and idler pulley,
distributor driven from the rear of one camshaft, and, exhaust headers with
equal tube lengths and collector.

Any ideas for more functions or photos of similar vehicles would be
appreciated. I don't think I'll put a gearbox in as space is tight and I
want to hide a couple of gear motors in that area.

I am still trying to decide what kind of body to put on it. It could be a
T-Bucket, Sprintcar or Streetrod. I kind of favour the Sprintcar as I think
you could make a great wing with the styling panels.

Thanks
Gordon

PS I don't have a webcam so can't easily post photos.