 Technic / 8138
Re: Chassis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 01:53:32 GMT

pictures, or maybe LDRAW models.  I'm wondering how you did the anti-roll
bar.... are you simply relying on axle twist?

Yes. I have an axle across the frame like a normal anti-roll bar with levers
on the ends connected to the axle with the long ball-link arms from the F1.
It is really effective.

You model sounds most impressive! I tried the Pitman arm and drag link but
just couldn't get it to work well. It put too much side force on the axle
and tended to lift the front end when used. This is partly because of the
way my stub axles attach. They pivot on two black pins. This makes the whole
thing nice and solid with very little "slop", but it also means the loads on
the steering are greater. I ended up with what I'm calling an "inverted rack
and pinion". The rack is fixed to the axle and the pinion and housing moves
and is attached to the stub axles with ball arms. Drive to the pinion goes
through a couple of uni-joints to allow for the movement.

Regards
Gordon