 Technic / 8164
Re: 8461 F1 Racer is identical to Silver Champion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 05:51:26 GMT

I think that you should go take a look at www.peeron.com, and do searches
for "8458" and "8461", and compare. I own neither of these models, but I
still think the similarity is about 95%...

In lugnet.technic, Timothy Lynch writes:
The panels are actually different parts, not just different colors.  And the
rear spoiler is different (uses tiles rather than panels).
And for those who didn't buy the silver champion because we're poor (such as
myself), the price is different. :-)

And this is a very good thing. the silver champion was ridiculously overpriced!

<SNIP!>

Anyone having the 8458 Silver Champion already will be
disappointed. Why doesn't Lego come out with some new Technic models.

IMHO, People should stop slandering, paying out, drilling, just being nasty,
etc,etc, to TLC! They do their best, even if the current boss seems to have
his own agenda. If you want to beat up anyone, beat up Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen!!!
IMHO again, he's lost the plot.

Say what you will, but leave the designers out of it.

Keep this advice in mind, and maybe Kjeld will listen.
"If one person calls you a hutt, ignore him. If another calls you a hutt,
begin to wonder. If a third calls you a hutt, buy a drool bucket and start
stockpiling spice." I, Jedi.
Repeat the message- Kjeld will change his ways.
-Matt.