 Technic / 802
Re: Does anyone else's Pit Droid not "pop" up properly?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 16:07:28 GMT

I'm not so sure it was designed to pop-up from a table surface.

In the picture on page 52, I see the kid's hand holding it from the head when he
pushes the "button".

-Phil

Paul Davidson wrote:

Mine doesn't.  If he's on a surface with friction, he just sort of jumps
backwards and lands on his back or his head.  If he's on a smooth surface,
his feet kick out behind him and he hits his face on the ground.  Have I
done something wrong here?  Must the arms be balanced properly or something?

In addition, the large elastic band that the instructions say to use in his
head does not provide enough tension to lock him into place when you push
his head down -- you must manuallly move his nose in and out again to lock
him into his crouch position.  I tried using one of the smaller elastics
instead, and there was too much tension -- you had to hit the nose so hard
that you sent him flying.

Has anyone gotten this set to work properly?  Please impart your wisdom! :)

--

Paul Davidson