 Technic / 939
Re: Does anyone else's Pit Droid not "pop" up properly?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 22:05:57 GMT

Does everyone's pit droid look like he is looking at the ground? Mine does
"Phil Watt" <watt@okisemi.com> wrote in message
If you look at the design, there is a half-pin around the ancle or calf that
keeps the thigh from over extending.  Mine (at first) had a problem
standing,
with the knee joint being slightly out and the half pin did not prevent it
from
over rotating.

my $0.02

-Phil

"Peter A. Vogel" wrote:

Mine --- er, "my daughter's" (it was her birthday gift after all :-), • stands
just fine,
with the heel pointing down.  In fact, with the heel flat, he would • probably
topple
backward.  He really is quite stable standing.

On the other hand, regarding the "pop" my daughter got quite upset that he
only "pops"
properly when held up.  I had to take her to the movie again (gosh, I • hated
that :-) to
demonstrate that the most obvious popping happens only when Jar-Jar is
holding the
droid...  But I admit, it ticked me off too -- I thought it should pop • from
scrunched to
standing (with a possible topple afterward) but it doesn't, and the
mechanics of
the folding make that essentially impossible...

-Peter