 Technic / 7284
Re: Need Instruction Scans - Trike Buggy (set 1257 or 3000)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 02:09:25 GMT

Mark Chittenden <mdublade@aol.com> wrote in message
Great list - but you did include a Roborider - #8004 Dirt Bike :D

Actually I included 2 roboriders, but neither was typical of the line,
both looking more like motorcycles than action figure.

Here's a few to add:

393 Norton Motorcycle (1976)
394 Harley-Davidson 1000cc (1976)
(above two not really Technic, but way cool as LEGO model sets go)

Perhaps not technic, but still closer than some of the newer stuff in the
8000 range

I don't see why they shouldn't be included.

8240 Slammer Stunt Bike (ok, it's really a Quad, I wouldnt have counted it
too, but you can download a Trike alternative from LEGO.com)

If we were to count Quads, then there are also 8826, the alternate for 8858
and
most likely a dozen others that fall in the grey area between quad, and 4x4.
However, the alternate for 8240 is just as eligible as the alternate ideas
pulled from the idea books.

Scrambler from 3057 Create N' Race Masterbuilders set
Trike from 3057 Create N' Race Masterbuilders set

There would have to be at least one set of which I wasn't aware :!

Personally I wouldn't count reissues/alternate color sets, but • completeness
is LEGOness. :)

I think I would count recolours and reissues where there are some small
differences, but not identical reissues. Thus 1257/3000 would only count
once, but 1924 and 8889 would be seperate due to slight differences in the
engine, seat, and suspension.

(Duckie) Dave Till
Hoping to find 393 and 394 whilst on holiday from tommorrow.

In lugnet.technic, David Till writes:

Mark Chittenden <mdublade@aol.com> wrote in message
Oh ok *whew* - I thought you meant 35 different SETS, didnt think about • the
various alternatives that were in a given set.  But I would like a • list,
so
at least I can have a reference (might not be able to build all 35 or • so
AT
ONCE, but I think I should be able to build them one at a time *grin*).

The Roboriders I didn't count either, but I'm thinking about counting • #8516
The Boss and #8520 Millennium (Throwbot), since both of those have a
definate Motorcycle version (and yes, I do have those two *grin*)

Ok here goes.

8857    Trike
8422    V-Twin Super Bike
8417    Super Bike