 Technic / 7093
Re: Need Instruction Scans - Trike Buggy (set 1257 or 3000)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 01:57:21 GMT

Mark Chittenden <mdublade@aol.com> wrote in message
Been doing a little hobby project of making as many Technic motorcycles as • I
have parts for.

Why, are you trying to better my display at;

http://www.brickset.com/huwhomepage/legofests/legofest9/09220014.jpg and
http://www.brickset.com/huwhomepage/legofests/legofest9/09220022.jpg ;)
(it can be bettered - I have added another bike since, and know of a few
more)

One that I do not own but am trying to recreate from the box
(bag?) artwork/pic is the Trike Buggy, set #1257 (or #3000 as the Kabaya
Promotional Set: Trike Buggy). I almost have it figured out, but I can't
make out what is joining the 'forks' to the 'body'. The box pic shows a
black liftarm of somekind, but I can't figure it out.

I too had trouble with that one. Ended up blowing up a thumbnail of the set
and comparing to the other 3 tiny technic bikes (which I do own).
I concluded that there is;

a 4l axle going accross the handlebars
a 3l axle accross the forks just below the handlebars
and a pair of technic triangles sandwiched together in the middle of the
bike.

(thats all the black bits I can think of at the front of the bike).

Take a look at http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/2000/2544/2544-01.html
to get an idea of how the triangles are used.

Help!

No problems - I just hope you cannot beat my current display of 35 TLG
designed motorcycles / trikes - or I will just have to go out and buy the
other three I know I am missing.

Thanks in advance

mdubade@yahoo.com

(still dont know why this uses my long dead @aol email address).