 Technic / 7144
Re: Need Instruction Scans - Trike Buggy (set 1257 or 3000)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:22:25 GMT

You have to consider that many of the Technic motorcycle kits have an
alternate model that is also a motorcycle/trike, and some non-motorcylce
sets also have a motorcycle alternate.
Then there are the models found in the ideas book 8888-8891, the old expert
builders set 857 (3 different bikes) and various promotional sets.
Every one of the 30+ motorcycles shown in the photos below was built from
TLC instructions - though 6 or 7 of them came from brickshelf scans, and
1257 from just a picture.
I counted each and every different design, not just each set - though I do
not consider the regular roboriders as motorcycles. I'll compile a list of
all the designs I have identified for you if you like.

(Duckie) Dave Till

BTW I shouldn't have much trouble staying ahead as I'm hardly lacking in
Technic - only missing 8 sets (and most of the expert builders) from before
1996.

Mark Chittenden <mdublade@aol.com> wrote in message
35?? I only know of 18 official LEGO motorcycle models (not counting the
minifig motorcycle & trike that's included in TOWN sets). But dont worry,
only got about 6 done so far (finding out that I am seriously lacking in
Technic parts - guess I have to go shopping hehhehhehhehheh).

In lugnet.technic, David Till writes:

Why, are you trying to better my display at;

http://www.brickset.com/huwhomepage/legofests/legofest9/09220014.jpg and
http://www.brickset.com/huwhomepage/legofests/legofest9/09220022.jpg ;)
(it can be bettered - I have added another bike since, and know of a few
more)

No problems - I just hope you cannot beat my current display of 35 TLG
designed motorcycles / trikes - or I will just have to go out and buy the
other three I know I am missing.

(Duckie) Dave Till