 Technic / 6105
Re: 8448 gearing problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:59:43 GMT

"Daniel Crichton" <danielc@helio.co.uk> writes:

Really? When putting the car in first and pushing it forwards
(without any motors attached) the gearbox clicks badly, and does
the same if reverse and pushing it backwards.

I think it sounds like you have a problem with a stuck axle or
something like that.  Try to see if all the axles in the gear box run
smoothly.

Notice that in every gear position, _all_ the gear cogs in the gear
box spin when the wheels are operated.  Hence, it is crucial that all
the axles can spin freely for the gear box to operate correctly.

Fredrik