 Technic / 6100
6099  |  6101
Subject:
8448 gearing problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:16:52 GMT

I know I've seen something about this before in .technic, but I've been
searching for ages and can't find any posts on this.

I recently bought the 8448 (after a couple of years of waiting to find one
in a sale, but finally gave in), and the gearing seems to be a problem.
There appears to be a lot of slippage, and now I've added 2 motors (1 for
steering, 1 for power) and my RCX with my remote control it's even more
noticeable - a loud clicking every few revolutions in first gear, and much
worse in second (I don't seem to have enough power to move the car in third
or higher, and before adding another motor I thought I'd get the gearing
sorted first).

Is this a common problem on the 8448? Badly designed gearbox, or could I
have misplaced a couple of parts?

Dan