 Technic / 6101
Re: 8448 gearing problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:17:28 GMT

"Daniel Crichton" <danielc@helio.co.uk> writes:

Is this a common problem on the 8448? Badly designed gearbox, or
could I have misplaced a couple of parts?

Have you made sure that all axles are loose and turn freely in the
setup?

If that doesn't work, you may need to redesign the gear box in order
to properly motorize the car.

The gear box in the 8448 is designed to have the wheels drive the
motor.  If you want the motor to drive the wheels, you'll want to
redesign the gear box so that the fifth gear gives a 1:1 gear ratio,
or something close.  I suspect that the fifth gear on the original
8448 gear box is different, i.e. that it gears the wheel rotation down
before passing it to the piston engine.

Fredrik