 Technic / 5314
Re: Technic Parallel-Motor Assembly Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 09:42:47 GMT

Perhaps one motor at each end of an axel. That would make three or
four pairs with less gears.

Something like this:
[extremle quick and dirty pic to show what I mean]

That's a nice idea; so basically you should connect the motors first and
then speed the geardtrain down? I decided to speed each one down
independently but this system seems like it would produce less friction and
would also require fewer gears.

I have not tried my theory in practise but less gears and lower
friction is always a prio. Try to keep things as simple as possible :)

Be sure to connect all the wires correctly so that they actually work
with each other and not against ,)

Hehe I had this problem several times in my tests. (for a second I was
wondering why one motor could perform quite well while two motors would not
move at all ;-) )

LOL!

Good luck with your project, hope you wont get sidetracked :)

/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/