 Technic / 5315
Re: Anyone else UNIMPRESSED with the new tech sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 09:52:51 GMT

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:53:52 GMT, "Duq" <Duq@nlgateway.net> wrote:

They -or at least the big one- will be 4x4: 4 wheel drive and suspension,
and steering on 2 wheels. Oh, and it'll have a gearbox. Anything we haven't
seen on 8880?

I was in the cave back in the 8880's days so I'd like to get my hands
of the off-road version ,)

I really hope for a snug way to get both power and steering. And if it
uses special parts like in 8880 so be it. If it could just be
implemented with *any* Technic wheel and has low friction.

Only time will tell.

All in all not a very inspiring effort by TLG.

What would you have them do? After all this is a toy meant to be used
by small boys and girls. They like to play with cars.

How many % of the Technic line has not been a wheel based vehicle?
This is an old problem. We've been around for too long. The kids that
are meant to buy these (really the parents) has not.

I'll be waiting for the next round of re-releases and the first technic
Legends...

I hear ya'.

/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/