 Technic / 4967
Re: How to strengthen friction peg?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 14:08:40 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Gaurav Thakur writes:
In lugnet.technic, Steve Runnels writes:
Well, I've tried putting paper into the peg several different ways to try to
make it stiffer, but the paper loosens up after awhile...

Some joints just don't have room (functionaly or estheticaly) for anything
but a simple friction peg, but they have JUST enough weight for the joint
not to hold...

Any other tips?

Thanks

If you just want a stiffer friction peg, you could try using the old
pre-1990 friction pegs. (these came with sets such as 8854, 8855, 8862,
8865, etc) These old pegs did not have the two small slots in the center,
making them very tough to put in and even harder to take out. I presonally
prefer the newer ones since the old one seem to be a bit of a hassle with
all the strength required, but they may be useful in some places where the
assembly needs to be very strong.

-Gaurav Thakur, raving madman
Can be reached at cp5670@supermail.com
http://cp5670.terrashare.com/TC/

Actually, I don't have a problem removing them anymore. Click on the "other"
section and you will see my solution for removing friction pegs.

http://www.geocities.com/dnjhess/lego.html

-Duane