 Technic / 4900
Re: Silver Champion Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 17:33:51 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Gary E. Blessing writes:
Hello,
I have a few questions about the silve champ.

1.How solid is it? some people said that its flimsy,so what I meen is 1.5
solid compared to the 8448?

I though that this set was actually really strong (heh...if you look on one
of the above links you can find my opinion there :-) ) and well-constructed.

2.Does the steering work? (yes I know thats a stupid question,but it dosen't
say on Lego's site)

LOL actually that's not too bad of a question; the steering systems on the
other two major 2000 models left a lot to be desired. (8457 was very messy
and ineffective, 8279 didn't have one at all) Anyway the one on this model
does work, but it could probably use some improvement. The thickness of the
wheels makes the steering somewhat hard to operate. (since they scrape
against the floor/carpet and create lots of friction)

3.Does anyone have a picture of it next to an 8448? (I need a size
comparison)

Sorry, my camera isn't working properly at the moment, or I could have taken
and uplodaded some. 8448 is about 19-20" long (at least the wing doors
model) while 8458 is about 26-27" long.

Anyway a little bit more information can be found at a review on my website:

http://cp5670.terrashare.com/TC/reviews/8458.htm

-Gaurav Thakur, raving madman
Can be reached at cp5670@supermail.com
http://cp5670.terrashare.com/TC/