 Technic / 4837
Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 12:24:35 GMT

Jay,

The Throwbot "ankle" part, as seen on:
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/throw/throw_1.htmlp
is the ball and socket joint used in the Stormtrooper (I'm not sure about
C3PO, I don't have it).

As for the "ball and axle" part, the image is missing the little black ball
that fits into the socket, but the ball does not have an attached axle.
There is a cross-hole in the ball so that you can insert any length axle.

I don't own any throwbot sets, but I'm guessing you'll find this part in them.

If anyone else knows more on the subject, or can get a close up picture of
the joint (with ball), please post a message here.

T. J.

In lugnet.general, Jason Julich writes:
Does anyone know all the different sizes of the Technic “ball and axle”
parts seen in the Star Wars Technic “Stormtrooper” and “C3PO”? I am making
some “home made” versions of these parts and I need to know the different
lengths of the axles. Also, are these parts available in smaller sets?

Jay