 Technic / 4631
Re: How about ideas for new elements?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 05:42:54 GMT

If anyone remembers the very first universal joints were the same • diameter
all the way along, they didn't have the narrower section with the • slots that
looks like a bush, I still have two of these but I've never thought • to
substitute them into MOCs for greater strength (plus they are red, • which
isn't ideal)

I'm not aware of that piece, and I couldn't find it on Technica.
It has to be from before 1980 since I have the <set:8860> and it has • the
regular ujoints. Is there a place with a photo of this piece? In • what sets did
it appear?

Check the old style technics.
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1974/c74nl/c74nl-14.html
or
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1974/c74uk/c74uk-13.html

Here you can see set 812. It has such a red universal joint...

greetings
    Maico Arts