 Robotics / 15168
Re: How about ideas for new elements?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:36:09 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jennifer Clark writes:
Thomas Avery wrote:

I like the idea of a new subgroup. Anyone else for lugnet.technic.grinders?

Nah, keep the posts in the main group as a constant source of temptation for
the purists :-)

Your evil, you know that don't you! :-)

Some parts you really have to resort to cutting if you want to use them in your
own models, such as the Technic corrugated tubing and flex tubes.

Personally I think it opens up a whole new area of creativity and
possibilities. I know that with enough thought workarounds can sometimes be
found that use unmodified pieces, but Lego don't restrict themselves to the
current selection of pieces so I see no reason why we should either :-)

I just can't bring myself to do it. Although last night I dreamed up a
vehicle and the success of the whole project may depend on boring out the
holes on three 40t gears, so they spin on their axles. That's all it needs
just the three gears, I'm tempted but have managed to hold out so far. I
dont think I could bring myself to take a drill bit to a gear.

Steve