 Technic / 4015
RE: A dream Mindstorms/Technic piece...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 15:11:40 GMT

Not quite that simple, but you could arrange a touch sensor to be actuated
by a small cylinder.  Use a number of rubber bands to hold the cylinder
"in" or ""down" to equal the force corresponding to the pressure you want
in the tank.  Put air from the tank into the bottom of the cylinder, so
when fully "charged" it overcomes the rubber band force, and pushes on the
touch sensor.

Others have come up with very clever self regulating compressor designs, if
that would suit.  Check the archives.

Jeff

Jeffrey Hazen
North Mill Technology
jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Krusty [SMTP:surfside_guy@nospam.hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 9:38 AM
To: lugnet.technic@lugnet.com; lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com
Subject: A dream Mindstorms/Technic piece...

I'd LOVE a way to place a sensor on the blue pneumatic tank that would
reply
with a 1 if the tank was 'charged' or a 0 if it's not 'charged'.

Any way to do this you think? I'm picturing something that would go on one
end of the tank between the tank and whatever tubing you would use.

--
"...and all that road going, all the people dreaming in the immensity of
it...and tonight the stars'll be out, and don't you know God is Pooh