 Technic / 4016
Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:37:17 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Lars Gertsen writes:
Hello,

I have been offered a Lego Dacta/Robolab control unit which
must be attached to the serial port on a PC. The unit has
8 input and 8 output. There are no software with this unit.
Anybody know what software I need to use this unit and if
any of it is freeware.

Lars Gertsen - Denmark

Hi,  I believe that the unit you are describing is the interface for the Lego
Dacta Control Lab.  I have been using these for several years in schools where
I have worked and also for control of my Lego trains.  I like the unit because
it offers more i/o than the RCX.  It is now marketed by Pitsco and they also
sell control software (using LOGO) for MS-DOS and Mac.  For MS-DOS, there are
versions to be used with or without Windows.  Individual software is quite
expensive (about $100) and I am not aware of any free or very low cost software
for the unit.  The Intelligent House software (mentioned in another post) is
actually a specific application for the Control Lab software and is available
for MS-DOS or Mac (not Windows).

John Bennin