 Technic / 4028
Re: A dream Mindstorms/Technic piece...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 17:17:14 GMT

In lugnet.technic, John Jensen writes:

Brilliant... I see that you've switched to the new motors for the
compressor? Are they better afterall?

While I think they are comparable in terms of maximum achievable air
pressure, the airflow rate is actually worse than the "old" compressor which
used an old 9V motor geared down five times driving a single pump. In other
words, the model will still be powerful enough but pneumatic operations
happen more slowly. It isn't *that* much slower, but you notice it a little bit.

Jennifer Clark