 Technic / 400
Re: Technic Scale F-14
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 23:07:04 GMT

"Bryan Wong" <green_paper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:FMHnt4.M4x@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.technic, Adrian Drake writes:

It's not as nifty as Jeroen Otten's fantastic F-14 model, but it's • mine,
and
I'm happy with it.

I guess I should've put a link to the Tomcat from my page...  it's at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/9500/jeroen/f-14.html

I just looked at the Tomcat, and in right hand side of the last picture on
Jeroen's site, there are at least a dozen gears oriented in various
directions!  Just thinking about planning that contraption out makes me
shudder... I could never do it... I'll stick to my buildings.  :)

With some playing around it is pretty easy to get very complex gear
drivetrains worked out.  The hardest part is making them compact.  You have
to be willing to take things apart and rebuild from scratch a lot.

I just bought and built the 8480 Technic Spaceshuttle.  The real joy in
building this was putting the drivetrain together step by step and getting
to see the final result.  The 4-way gearbox is very nice, and the layout of
the Shuttle is amazing.

alex