 Technic / 384
Re: New Technic Figure scale P-51 Mustang
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:41:24 GMT

Actually, the P-51D used a 4-blade prop.
--Jack Gregory

Adrian Drake <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message news:FMH9E9.70I@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.technic, Selçuk Göre writes:

I saw that you are asked for a large technic propeller, but I think you • can
build an acceptable three-blade one by using the idea that I used my
aircraft models (I didn't have any prebuilt propellers at that times). Go • to

http://leocad.gerf.org/models/old/models.htm

and look at Turboprop and Agricultural Planes in Original Creations • section.

Selçuk

I had considered building a propellor, but decided that after I had done a
couple, I didn't like the way they looked.  The 3 blade propellor is • actually
inaccurate.  The real P-51 has a 2 blade propellor, and it's much larger • than
the one shown, but building one just didn't look right.  If I don't get my
hands on a second large prop, I will likely build props for the P-38 • project.
(that is, if I actually do the P-38 project...)

Adrian