 Technic / 3505
Re: Destroyer Droid head?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 08:37:02 GMT

I just got the set for Christmas, and there was this leaflet of amendments to
the instructions that amounted to the following:
- At one point when the half completed droid is upside down the instructions
show a rubber band on the bottom of the things where the arms connect, when the
rubber band is actually on the top of those things.  The corrected picture does
not show them.
- The rubber bands holding the head up are now the bigger red ones instead of
the small black ones.
- The little assembly of grey bits just behind the head is absent altogether.
I was wondering why they removed it, it didn't look like it did anything, but I
guess now I know.

The amazing part is how many pages they had to redo just to change those two
things in the head area.

Mine must have had a different amendment sheet.

I don't see any rubber bands where the arms connect, I didn't even get any
red rubber bands in my set, and I can't see the grey bits in the original
instructions.

My set didn't have any trouble with the head, but it did with everything
folding out.  When the two front legs would come out and would stop the rest
of the set from rolling, nothing else would happen.  I noticed that when you
hit the black bar on the bottom, everything else will unfold, so I assumed
that the front legs were supposed to have a bar that would hit it, but I
checked the instructions and saw nothing.  Anyway, it still works, I just
have to manually hit the thing when I unroll the set.

Kyle Henneberque