 Star Wars / 10424
Re: Destroyer Droid head?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 23:05:20 GMT

Mine must have had a different amendment sheet.

I don't see any rubber bands where the arms connect, I didn't even get any
red rubber bands in my set, and I can't see the grey bits in the original
instructions.

My set didn't have any trouble with the head, but it did with everything
folding out.  When the two front legs would come out and would stop the rest
of the set from rolling, nothing else would happen.  I noticed that when you
hit the black bar on the bottom, everything else will unfold, so I assumed
that the front legs were supposed to have a bar that would hit it, but I
checked the instructions and saw nothing.  Anyway, it still works, I just
have to manually hit the thing when I unroll the set.

That happens about half the time with mine depending on how hard I roll it.
Here's what's supposed to happen.  With the thing folded up, hit the red button
on "top".  You can see the little brace lift up and release the front legs.
The legs will flip downward, and actually stop farther down than they are when
you set the droid down.  The idea is the set keeps rolling and when the legs
hit the floor they get pushed back up a little, this pushes down on the brace
and lets the neck pop up.

Other points of interest: The place where the rubber bands from the legs attach
to the body is different in the instruction diagrams from the photographs.  I'm
using the one from the instructions, not sure if they are both equally
effective.  FOUR rubber bands holding the neck assembly up!  I brought it down
to three, and I think two would even do the job.