 Star Wars / 10408
Re: Destroyer Droid head?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 05:08:05 GMT

However, the head has a distressing tendency to pop
off in the midst of rolling.

Mine did the same thing, and I made three changes:
- I used a larger (looser) pair of elastics for the head
- I shoved the "nose" tube piece in quite a bit further than is depicted in
the instructions
- I swapped the (technic pin/half length pin) in behind the head for a
(technic pin/stud), which allows the head to rest at a lower angle.  My
apologies for the part descriptions.  If you don't know what ones I'm talking
about, I can try to clarify.
Now, my droid's head pops up every time, but doesn't fly off.

I just got the set for Christmas, and there was this leaflet of amendments to
the instructions that amounted to the following:
- At one point when the half completed droid is upside down the instructions
show a rubber band on the bottom of the things where the arms connect, when the
rubber band is actually on the top of those things.  The corrected picture does
not show them.
- The rubber bands holding the head up are now the bigger red ones instead of
the small black ones.
- The little assembly of grey bits just behind the head is absent altogether.
I was wondering why they removed it, it didn't look like it did anything, but I
guess now I know.

The amazing part is how many pages they had to redo just to change those two
things in the head area.