 Star Wars / 10401
Re: Destroyer Droid head?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 18:31:02 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John C. Fiala writes:
Hi all.

   I've got the technic Destroyer Droid, and it's a lovely model, with that
great rolling feature.  However, the head has a distressing tendency to pop
off in the midst of rolling.  It's easy enough to fit back on, but it makes
the model less cool.
   Has anyone come up with a modification of the basic design that keeps
the head on that doesn't require glue?

Mine did the same thing, and I made three changes:
- I used a larger (looser) pair of elastics for the head
- I shoved the "nose" tube piece in quite a bit further than is depicted in
the instructions
- I swapped the (technic pin/half length pin) in behind the head for a
(technic pin/stud), which allows the head to rest at a lower angle.  My
apologies for the part descriptions.  If you don't know what ones I'm talking
about, I can try to clarify.

Now, my droid's head pops up every time, but doesn't fly off.

Jeff J