 Technic / 3269
Re: I am appalled...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 00:50:22 GMT

The roborider molded-together semi-gearbox with a half gear jammed on is
close to useless for practical applications. I've never seen a picture of a
mechanical thing that uses one in any functional way. I think they intend
for them to be useful, because they have some axle holes and some places to
fit gears, but they don't quite make it.

I wondered what that half molded gear was for too.  Turns out that it allows to
gearboxes to be attached together- the half gear on the bottom of one works
with the worm gear on the top of the other.  Here's a picture-
http://members.nbci.com/thomasfoote/tcp/crb13.JPG
As a result of stacjing the gearboxes, this Throwbot has movement in the waist
and neck/shoulders.