 Technic / 3248
Re: I am appalled...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 21:27:21 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Brian Stuhan writes:
...at the reactions I've seen to the slizers and the "follow-up" products of
the robo-riders and the coming Bionicle.  I've read almost nothing positive
about these things.  While they aren't really the greatest thing for heavy
builders or people looking for great technic mecha, these are good sets! I'll
admit I don't like the robo-riders nearly as much, but the throwbots are good
and the bionicle look even better!  These "tech-play" sets are, I feel, a • great
value at (mostly) $6 apiece.  Look at other $6 sets.  Do you see many other
things that even compare?  This is coming from someone who is not a serious
collector of Legos, but uses them still for play, and they integrate very well
especially into space.  And can you tell me with a straight face that you • don't
think Kopaka looks cool?

Brian

I love those sets!  Here's why-

1. They do stuff.  A few gears and a launcher is more function than the
(former)LEGO SYSTEM sets have.
2. It's easy and fun to combine sets, with endless possibilities.
3. They look cool.
4. They are fun to play with.
5. It is challenging but possible to make awesome alternate models.
6. Most of my alternate and combo models end up looking like dinosaurs.
7. Good selection, you can get a Throwbot in almost any colour you want.
8. They come with their own storage containers.
9. And cool posters.
10. Reccommended age for Throwbots goes all the way up to 16!
11. Almost all of the sets are in the $8-10 ($6 US)price range.
12. I find them to be more creative than the old Technic sets.

That's reason enough, isn't it?  More than I can say about most other themes.
Kopaka looks cool, but Onua is even cooler.

Slizers are actually popular with Transformers fans.  If you want to visit
Slizer websites, here are some links-

Crossbots Home Page
http://members.nbci.com/thomasfoote/tcp/crossbot.html
MOCs with info.

Dave's LEGO Throwbot Reviews
http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~dvandom/Lego/index.html
Reviews and stories.

Lego Maniac's Ultra Throwbot Page
http://www.geocities.com/vr-library/throwbots.htm
MOCs with info.

Ore Slizer
http://www.edit.ne.jp/~sashida/ORESLIZER/OREtop.html
MOCs.

Slizer Legacy
http://slizerlegacy.homestead.com/
Under construction.

Slizers: Transformers
http://www.geocities.com/vestras/
MOCS, message boards.

The Throwbots!
http://www.geocities.com/egg_green/index.html
Character info.

Throwbots Home Page
http://throwbots.virtualave.net/
Character info.

Throwdex2
http://www.geocities.com/hobbes_4.geo/throwdex2.htm
MOCs with info.

These aren't all of the Throwbot sites, but they do show that there are fans.
But why no RoboRider fan sites?