 Technic / 3020
  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Sounds like we are of a similar age - I suppose there is a sort of of "Golden Age" type thing when you look back on the models of the late seventies. I think my favourites were the Mobile Crane and the Motorbike, although I remember the fork (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Yes, something did happen in the late seventies. The introduction of the "new style" technic (as opposed to the old style large gears and white axles) and the minifigures were both large events, especially with the addition of the space and (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) I thought it looked great, but tended to tip over when you tried to lift something in the forks. The levers at the side of the seat which didn't actually do anything were a bit on the cheesy side too. I also liked the alternate models - if I (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

Hey you guys, don't be so cruel about one of my favorite sets, that cute yellow forklift. Okay, it tipped over easily, but with some weight in the back it wasn't that bad. The handles didn't work. So? I've seen tech models with a dummy steering (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) Fair enough, it did have a lot of charm and I really enjoyed it at the time. In fact, I recently rebuilt it but with three motors in there to drive, steer and operate the forks. It was great fun to play with! It was also a great set for parts. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Technic Creation

(...) there are piece inventories for each step, and instructions for a couple of alternative models, both different from the ones in your instrunction sheet. It is also in booklet format, with ideas for combining the 850 with other sets at the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)