 Technic / 1866
Re: Throwbots and Roboriders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 01:05:04 GMT

I now own all of the RoboRiders, and if I had to rate them, I'd do it in a
couple of categories:

In Overall Design:
Swamp
Power
Frost
Dust
Onyx
Lava

In Part-Bashing (ability to use parts in other models):
Power (yellow and black)
Lava (red and black)
Onyx (black and dark grey)
Frost (white and black)
Dust (tan and black)
Swamp (lime green and black)

In Flexibility (ability to make cool alterations from same pieces):
Swamp (the banded ball joints can be used in several different combos)
Frost (the flex tubing can be used in a number of ways)
Lava (the angled half beams can be connected differently)
Power (big gear box is a pain, but the ball joint arms are great)
Dust (good half beams, but large gear holder has limited use)
Onyx (big gearbox sucks, limited use of other elements in other ways)

Coolest Pieces:
Swamp (teal ninja swords, lime green angle beams and connector rods)
Power (ball joint pieces)
Onyx (glow in dark wheels and dual "head" pieces [great for mech feet])
Frost (white flex tubing, clear blue wheels, white double gear arms)
Dust (chrome spears [ho-hum])
Lava (axes [ho-hum])

I'd start with Swamp, then get Power and Onyx (their combined model is pretty
good), then Frost, Lava, and Dust.

- Sean