 Technic / 16593 (-20)
  Re: The pole reverser - what's it do?

"Eric Albrecht" <blakbird11.nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message news:KFJ3nK.5vB@lugnet.com... (...) I would have thought either: A) The LEDs are using the outer two contacts which are biased one direction and have to be turned off at the battery (...) (16 years ago, 23-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The pole reverser - what's it do?

(...) This leads me to a question. PF uses 4 wires instead of 2, and it is my understanding that the pole reverser only switches two of these and the other 2 remain powered. Could the LEDs then be made to stay on with the Pole Reverser in the middle (...) (16 years ago, 23-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The pole reverser - what's it do?

(...) The last sentence is especially misleading. In 8293 the LEDs are connected directly on the battery pack. So they continue to function regardless of the state of the pole reverser. But of course if the LEDs are connected to the pole reverser (...) (16 years ago, 22-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The pole reverser - what's it do?

(...) Ah, now I see it, it's not that useless after all. Very well, I'll keep this is mind. (16 years ago, 19-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The pole reverser - what's it do?

(...) The pole reverser has multiple uses. At it's simplest, it serves as a remote on/off switch so you don't need to be able to reach the battery box. As others have already mentioned, it also changes the polarity of the output voltage based on (...) (16 years ago, 19-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: The pole reverser - what's it do?

(...) Interesting, so it *does* switch the winding/direction... but the only use I can make up is to keep lights on while motors stand still. Thanks, really eased my mind now that I don't have to ponder about what it does. :-) (16 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The pole reverser - what's it do?

(...) It reversed the direction of electricity flow. For example, it makes a motor run backwards when flipped. (16 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

"Santeri Piippo" <arezey@SPAMgmailSPAM.com> wrote in message news:KF9zpE.L0E@lugnet.com... (...) According to (URL) does the Power Functions Pole Switch do? The pole or control switch included in 8293 - Power Functions Motor Set allows you to (...) (16 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic)

  The pole reverser - what's it do?

(URL) Looking through the Technic sets' instructions I've bumped into this part and never figured out what does it really do... so I thought to ask here. Though, I myself don't own any of these, though I wish I did! I'm kind of low with the power (...) (16 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Lime Green Street Bike 8420

After finishing bilding the very cool set 8420: (URL) I decided to build it in another color like nice and friendly black or Kawasaki green ! It was not possible to grab all the neccessary parts in black so lime it is ! (URL) See the highres (...) (16 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: Truncated Octahedron

OH MY GOODNESS! That is so amazing! Everyone should check it out! Wow, very impressed! I also looked at the other videos too. Those models are so complicated! Amazing! WOW. :scratches head: Please let us know when you make more, these are (...) (16 years ago, 4-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Truncated Octahedron

Greetings All, Inspired by the mechanism in Hoberman's Brain Twist puzzle, I built this: (URL) the Quicktime impaired: (URL) you enjoy it. Tom (16 years ago, 3-Feb-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mesh Enhancer?

(...) You can read about Lothar Teichert's Mesh Enhancer here: (URL) don't really know if this is a job for L3P right now. It's not as easy as just adding a new option, you'll probably never really be happy with the results, because you'll have a (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mesh Enhancer?

(...) I have the source to Mesh Enhancer. I asked for it a while ago and turns out that it was written in Delphi, the same language I use for LDDP. I had some grand plans for integrating it into a L3P post processer but put that project on hold (...) (16 years ago, 28-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  MOC-in-progress - Lego Dragline

A Lego model that I've been thinking of building for a while now is a Lego dragline. I was recently inspired by David Wegmuller's dragline, and Ross Crawford's 'Lil Muskie', so I finally started work on it, and I'm happy with the progress I've made (...) (16 years ago, 28-Jan-09, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mesh Enhancer?

(...) You've got mail. I wasn't able to contact the author. Best would be integrate the function in L3p. Paging Mr. Lars Hassing, paging Mr. Lars Hassing! w. (16 years ago, 26-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mesh Enhancer?

(...) I too am looking for Mesh Enhancer. Alternatively, is similar functionality available in any generic POV-Ray utilities? I infer the original Mesh Enhancer is a Windows program. Thanks, Jim (16 years ago, 25-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  MOCpages! I have MOCpages!

(URL) Bricks on MOCpages.com>> MOCpages! I have MOCpages! (URL) I added my favorite creations to MOCpages.com, thank you Sean Kenney! I hope to add my (URL) Exhibits> at some point too. Enjoy, take a look. Eric Sophie Legomaster Biomechanical Bricks (16 years ago, 21-Jan-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: 8862, What's Wrong With This Picture?

Whoa! (...) Not so heroic, the part was not that tough. Actually the most difficult was to get dimensions right... Philo (16 years ago, 19-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8862, What's Wrong With This Picture?

(...) Thanks to the heroic efforts of Philo, my model is now complete and I have posted some sweet renders. One of them which features the 14x8 bucket prominently can be seen below: (URL) Click (URL) here> for a 1920x1200 version (deep link), and (...) (16 years ago, 18-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact