 Technic / 16586
Re: The pole reverser - what's it do?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:06:57 GMT

"Santeri Piippo" <arezey@SPAMgmailSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:KF9zpE.L0E@lugnet.com...
<http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/61929.dat
<http://www.ldraw.org/library/unofficial/images/parts/61929.png>>

Looking through the Technic sets' instructions I've bumped into this part
and
never figured out what does it really do...  so I thought to ask here.
Though, I
myself don't own any of these, though I wish I did! I'm kind of low with
the
power functions anyway.

So yes, what does that thing do? My current assumption is that it
reversese the
winding... but I'm seeing that pointless so I'm probably wrong. :-)

According to
http://service.lego.com/en-us/helptopics/products/power%20functions.aspx?Key=powerfunctions

What does the Power Functions Pole Switch do?

The pole or control switch included in 8293 - Power Functions Motor Set
allows you to change the direction that motors will turn. When you change
the setting on the switch from one side to the other, the functions attached
to your motor will change direction. Also, by placing the switch in the
middle, LED lights will still continue to function.

Hope that helps,
Rob
www.lifelites.com