 Technic / 16587
Re: The pole reverser - what's it do?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:43:47 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Santeri Piippo wrote:

Looking through the Technic sets’ instructions I’ve bumped into this part and never figured out what does it really do... so I thought to ask here. Though, I myself don’t own any of these, though I wish I did! I’m kind of low with the power functions anyway.

So yes, what does that thing do? My current assumption is that it reversese the winding... but I’m seeing that pointless so I’m probably wrong. :-)

It reversed the direction of electricity flow. For example, it makes a motor run backwards when flipped.