 Technic / 16243 (-20)
  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) It looks like the PF IR receiver will be very useful for train control and other continuous duty applications. But the only remote available is for intermittent operation. So the only LEGO option to running in PWM/continuous duty is to use a (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Phoenix

(...) Yes, I really like those wheels, also. (...) So, they are friction pins at least. And it gives the drive some slip, to help it turn better. Very nice Steve (17 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Phoenix

(...) I see you're paying close attention! I was set on using the chromed (URL) rims> that were used in some versions of (URL) 4883 Gear Grinders>. And sadly, those chromed ones don't have axleholes... Luckily, that can be circumvented. Earlier, (...) (17 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Phoenix

(...) Thank you so much! Since I love both 'regular' bricks and technic I try my best to combine the two, and this was a very satisfying attempt. The normal bricks only go one stud deep (at some places less), what's inside is basically a pure (...) (17 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Phoenix

(...) Very nice. I'm curious about the drive wheels for the tractor. It appears you're using wheels with pin holes, not cross-axle holes. Is that correct, or did you swap out the wheels for different pictures? In any case, it's very nice. Steve (17 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Update on Engineerig with ABS - Liebherr A 314 Litronic

Hi all Just recently I finished work on the latest homepage update for Engineering with ABS. A new model has been added: Liebherr A 314 Litronic Mobile Excavator (URL) Read its story and about all the details on my homepage: (...) (17 years ago, 3-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) Here's my fantasy: implementing prototypical ATC (Automatic Train Control) signalling with sensors (e.g. counting coupler magnets, as the best functional equivalent to axle counters) at block boundaries to detect block occupancy, and IR (...) (17 years ago, 2-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008

(...) I can confirm that these indeed are LEDs: I had one of these train signals as a child and somehow managed to burn out the red light. I then dissected the signal head to find out how it was made (I was about 13 at the time). It's really simple: (...) (17 years ago, 2-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Phoenix

Wow, Truly amazing! I'm always thrilled to see minifig scale MOCs that incorporate Technic elements and yours is quite possible the most impressive I've ever seen! And it looks great as well - the Phoenix on the side is truly inspiring! How long did (...) (17 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Digicomp II

(...) Thank you. I had some comments from the students who built a K'nex computer a while back, and one of the things he complemented me on was staying "pure" to the medium I selected, and not to use heavier ball bearings etc. I guess purism in that (...) (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008

Are those wheels new or have they been seen before? The set doesn't look too bad, I just wish it was a color other than Dk Bley (17 years ago, 1-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Actuator?

(...) Just found that same patent about one week ago too, as well as the one for the monorail (among some other interesting ones). We got some interesting discussions about these in two forums but unfortunately, they are in Portuguese (The two (...) (17 years ago, 11-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Actuator?

(...) Right. The ZNAP axles are quite stiff, but it will be interesting to see how they work with the actuators. In the patent it looks like a different system, with much more flexible axles encased in a flexible tube (like flex-system but designed (...) (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Actuator?

(...) The znap flex axle would make for some interesting possibilities with the actuators (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Actuator?

(...) It's so old, the example excavator still uses studded technic bricks... ROSCO (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Actuator?

(...) They appeared in ZNAP! I have some (bought only for cheap 9V motors). (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Actuator?

(...) Interesting! I wonder what happened to the flexible axles. Alexander (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Digicomp II

(...) Quite so. But an all-LEGO implementation is still a remarkable achievement. The patent for (...) It would be great to see a version of Dr Nim too. This might also be more of a manageable project for those with limited time and resources! Then (...) (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another Theo Jansen style LEGO Walker

(...) (Belated) congratulations Steve - the elegant symmetry and smooth motion of this leg geometry are amazing. (I already spent some time trying unsuccessfully to improve on Chris and Philo's elegant designs). Cheers, Alexander (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Chain Precession Drive - Courtesy of TechnicBRICKs

(...) I agree - very very impressive! (17 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact