 Technic / 15107
Re: New 2006 Technic Set Pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 05:05:21 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Steve Lane wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Adrian Egli wrote:
   I was browsing trains and caught this post from Jeramy Spurgeon with a link to a LEGO site in Hungary. So, I decided to do a little digging around and found a new crane, the 8288.

I saw the crane and the other models in a catalogue at a Lego show on the Sunday before last. It’s not a brilliant picture but it looks like it has lots of track links, so I’ll be buying multiple copies :-).

Hard to tell, but I’m hoping it also has multiple weight bricks. That will offset the almost total lack of studs...

If it has weight bricks and no studs, how are they going to be attached? Jam it on those liftarms, stud sideways? :-)

(Yes, I would do it that way.)

Thank you you guys for these great pics!

Now my two cents and speculations after I glean through all of them.

8284: Lime farm tractor with “powered” mower blades at the back. Front wheel is 41896/45982 aka Backhoe wheels, and the back appears to be 44772 and a skinnier version of 32298 tire. Hmm... new tire. Civilized 4x4 Off Roader please. I bet this will go for C$100.

8282 looks like a shrunk version of 8435’s ATV alternate model.

8285 is where my money will be! The pics make the wheel (32020) looks flat silver. Reminds me of one thing. The Nitro Menace box promised a flat silver wheel, but we get new gray instead! If I have the contact I’d do what Crowkiller did and send them off to be chromed. Another thread here says this will be C$170.

8289: My 8280 fire truck gets a comrade. Modding it to fit a Technic fig will be a top priority.

8287: Run! It’s official! The power hungry beast, RC Buggy motor, is now the mainstay Technic motor! Ain’t I glad I bought four copies of 8735? Alas I likely won’t buy these because I have four of these from my 8475 and 8366, and a fifth one from my 8421. I peg this at C$50.

Cool Technic Racers as well...

8674: Almost a Silver Champion done in Ferrari colours. This definitely remind me of several such MOCs before. But I won’t be surprised if the beams that make up the inner structures are replaced by liftarms. Box says flat silver wheel again. I expect this to be US$170/C$240 if the Silver Champion is any indication. That is the price of 8458 just before retirement.

8675 “Outdoor Challenger”: Looks like the next Dirt Crusher is in green. I place this at C$200.

8676 “Sunser Cruiser RC” looks like a orange followup of 8378.

8682: Nitro Menace in a SUV/truck body, with standard Racers 44771/44772 wheels. We have tuner cars, now comes tuner trucks! C$70

Overall, these sets remind me of some MOCs floating out there, and this thing I said a couple years back comes to my mind: Back then either the MOC’s quality are rising, or Lego’s sets quality are dropping, because the sets looks too much like some MOCs of the time. Now they may be becoming better again, which means I will again have to save up.

Keith