 Technic / 15105
Re: New 2006 Technic Set Pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 00:48:13 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Adrian Egli wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Christopher Fenter wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Adrian Egli wrote:

snipped

   Looks like another evolution of the Silver Champion / Williams F1 set, so I’d say it will have engine, steering, suspension and an open-up engine cover ... :) I’ll bet the chassis is almost identical.

It looks like the body shape and detail has evolved successively away from the Silver Champ - there’s evidently a fair bit more changed over that model than with the Williams, which basically only changed colour and had more flat surfaces for stickers.

Wonder whether it will be a V10 or a V8 though ... if it’s supposedly a representation of the 2006 race car, then a V8 would now be accurate ... I’m sure I’ll end up getting it either way ...

(As an aside, I wonder if Lego will make a minifig of Ferrari’s new race driver, Felipe Massa, for completeness ... can’t see a racers related NG to add a FUT to though ...)

Chris.

Thanks to Steve, here is a possible answer. Check this picture on BrickShelf-

Adr.

Aha ... thanks guys! Definitely a V10 ... yet more pistons to gather dust then ... :o

Looks like there’s quite a lot of change in the chassis too then - thinking about it, they’ve cut down on the old style technic beams and gone as much as possible for studless ... maybe cut them out entirely, although that’s hard to tell. Lots of studless beams in the sides of the undertray (the flat black sections in front of the rear tyres).

It’s a more curvy, sculpted looking body than the previous two F1s - in line with design trends for the real thing. I think it looks more convincing.

Chris.