 Technic / 14146
Re: Help with redesigning a Boat Lock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 7 May 2005 17:24:01 GMT

On 5/6/05, Jennifer Clark <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote:
In lugnet.technic, danny staple <orionrobots@gmail.com> wrote:

This is an interesting proposition - but I would be wary. I dont have
a Lego worm gear to hand, but if the rear is a half turn out from the
front - then the teeth may not match up.

The teeth won't match up as you say, but only one if the gears needs to be
fixed
- the other can be an idler, with its sole function being to pinch the worm
gear, not raise the platform.

Jennifer

Ah - hadnt thought of it like that. In which case- it would be worth
using more than one set (gear+idler) for additional stability.

Danny
--
http://orionrobots.co.uk - Build Robots