 Technic / 14130
Re: Help with redesigning a Boat Lock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 21:31:12 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
For our current train layout I have attempted to create a working lift lock.

(snip)

A worthy project! Hope to see it in person at NMRA...

I suppose you already considered vertical racks at the 4 corners of the "water"
that are embedded in the lock walls (the rack, visible, might look like a ladder
or steps cut into the lock side? and that are mated to drive gears under the
water? The gears could all be connected together by shafts so they have to turn
in synch.... this of course is vulnerable to tooth slip, and binding...

I guess I don't quite follow why one side rose faster than the other... did you
not have the scissors raising mechanisms all slaved together with shafts?