 Technic / 14141
Re: Help with redesigning a Boat Lock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 14:55:22 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jeff Van Winden wrote:

The 'water' can only be 2 2/3 bricks above the baseplate
There is room outside the 24x48 stud Lift for the Motors
and RCX.

Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated...

   Hmmm. To expand the idea of climbing up four gear racks at the corners, the
problem would seem to be burying a motor (or several) in the water+boat system
to power the on-platform gears that crawl up the racks. One possibility is how
much room do you have in the boat (and that doesn't move... *yet*... right?).
Another is to use a single worm-to-gear system attached to the moving frame, but
free to slide along a long vertical axle that is driven from a hidden motor(s)
off the moving frame. The only problem now is getting a single axle long enough
for the 20 brick lift - a 16L would only allow less than 14 studs of vertical
travel. You could use the 32L axles (you only need one of 'em), and hide the
excess in a support pillar for an observation deck.

--
Brian Davis